Sunday, July 16, 2017

Shooting a golf tournament/charity event


I got called just a few minutes ago to shoot a golf tournament tomoorrow morning since another photographer dropped out.Need some last minute tips for shooting golf as I have never done it before. I've shot soccer and football before so I'm not completely new to sports. I would guess that golf is easier because the subjects aren't moving. Easier to focus, more time to compose, less action to focus on. I'm trying to study up the best I can before tomorrow.Any tips, suggestions, must-have shots, courtesy tips? Golf is a quiet sport and I'm not sure if if it's going to be a distraction with me rattling off 10 fps. I've read a few articles online already abd a lot of them mention not pressing the shutter until the backswing because it's distracting. But to my knowledge, this is a more casual, family-oriented tournament for charity so it's not anywhere near a professional match. I am also responsible for getting posed shots and candids of the charity event itself, not just the golf photos. via /r/photography http://ift.tt/2utHmYh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts