Friday, July 14, 2017

Getting started on photography with a Canon AE-1


Hi there, I am pretty much new to photography, with the exception of some for work related purposes (Navy), recently decided to pick it up as a hobby and I am looking for advice. I made the investment for my first camera in a Canon AE-1. I purchased a few lenses based on advice of a couple Peter Mckinnon videos; lenses purchased as as follows: Canon FD 70-210 Zoom Macro Lens 1.4, Sears Multi Coated 28mm f/2.8, Canon FD 50mm 1:1.8, and a canon 135mm f3.5. (All of the aforementioned items were used upon purchase) Purchased some b/w and color film, a camera cleaning kit, a camera bag, camera strap, and so I am pretty sure I covered all of the basics to get started. If I am missing anything or you think I have made a poor decision somewhere criticism/advice is welcome keeping in mind I am tight for cash so making large investments such as a DSLR or more expensive lenses is out of the question for the moment unfortunately. That being said, I am having a little trouble understanding camera theory (i.e. F stops, shutter speed, ISO) and how it relates to how the image turns out, and how to utilize that to produce a quality image. Break it down for me barney style, or point me in the right direction. Anything helps. As far as my goals as a photographer, it is just going to be a hobby, but if the quality of my work improves then maybe try selling prints? I have a deep appreciation for landscape, portrait and street/urban photography. Again, thanks so much for the help, I just want to do this right and do it well, and having the knowledge is half the battle. via /r/Beginning_Photography http://ift.tt/2v0VvKj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts