Monday, July 31, 2017

Pro-tip: Each lens has an aperture that it's sharpest at. Higher aperture doesn't lead to better photos.


This weekend, I shot about 1000 landscape photos at an aperature of f/22 to f/35, because it was incredibly sunny and I didn't really feel the need for a high shutter speed, with my 18-55mm Canon kit lens. I thought it would lead to incredible landscape photos with an amazing depth of field but all it led to was my photos coming out blurry when I imported my photos into Lightroom.That's when I learned the hard way, that lenses such as the 18-55mm have sweet spots for aperture and sharpness, with f/5.6-8 for general use, and f/11 for landscape (in the case of the 18-55mm kit lens). Do a google search to find out the best aperture for your particular lens, or setup a tripod and experiment a bit. via /r/Beginning_Photography http://ift.tt/2ucsx8H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts